Thursday, May 25, 2006

From NewCity Chicago

.
A Matter of Taste
Welcome to the summer of the foie gras frenzy
The ban itself is morally relative. How can the aldermen designate one form of animal slaughter as more torturous than others? How can they be meat-eating, leather-wearing legislators with no plans for other laws?
When I called the bill's chief proponent, Alderman Joe Moore, and asked if he had ever eaten foie gras, he said, "I may have. I didn't know what I was eating. But I am told by a friend of mine that dined with me at one of our trendy restaurants, a while back, this is before the controversy kinda blew up last year, that it may have been part of an appetizer that was served to us. But I honestly can't remember it and I can't remember what it tasted like."
More....

Note: Sent to the Rogers Park Review by a Reader
Thanx gf
.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home